Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Galway

Options
  • 06-10-2022 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

The train from Colbert to Ceannt was, as far as I remember, non-direct. You had to change at Athenry for most of them, with the odd direct.

It seems now they're all direct, is this a new thing? Just curious. Welcome obviously if it is a change and I haven't misremembered, just it's been a while since I've used it, it's one of these idle questions that pop into your head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Any service between Limerick and Galway is direct at the moment, with a cab (direction) change in Athenry. This has been the case for the past number of years, definitely so in my 2017 copy of the WTT and it feels like this has been the case even earlier.

The only train on the line to not work the full route out of Galway is A491, the 18.45 Galway/Ennis. However, the unit basically sits in Ennis for 65 minutes before working to Limerick as A479, the 21.10 Ennis/Limerick, and stabling there (in the 2017 diagrams, this was done by a 3-car ICR that, if linked logically, would've a bunch of Limerick Junction shuttles the following day, and then worked to Heuston the day after that - that's where the 4th Limerick/Dublin ICR set came [comes?] out of despite only three working to Limerick in the evenings).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

‘Western Rail Corridor’ services have operated directly since their launch in 2010.

Advertisement