Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lower Decks 3x07 - 'A Mathematically Perfect Redemption' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
  • 06-10-2022 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 3x07 - 'A Mathematically Perfect Redemption' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

What a fun Stowaway reference! For a second when it started I was confused thinking I’d missed an episode, nice callback to season 1. Nothing like the love between a robot and a bird. Bit of a filler episode, but I quite enjoyed them going with a story not focused on the crew of the Cerritos. Also was the planet called Areolas??? Curse Peanut Hamper and her inevitable betrayal! Fun little episode, I wonder if Peanut Hamper is going to be a recurring bit going forward. Nice Jeffrey Combs cameo at the end too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,059 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A way more ambitious and inventive episode, something I'd been looking for this season. Almost an inversion of the prior episode though, with no character focus from the main cast, and no reliance on other Trek canon. But it parallels the story trajectory of the first episode of the season, when the redemption arc nose dives into the ground, with Peanut Hamper proving irredeemable. The return of Agamus in interesting. I doubt they'd get back Jeffrey Combs for the sake of those one or two sentences, hopefully this implies more of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not a great episode for the first 16 minutes it was just terrible and its only starting to get good then.

Then it really gets good. Last episode wax much better do. Think I will go watch it again.

Could you blame Peanut Hamper for being so messed up? I mean that's a terrible name to have for one. It's more like a nickname.

Loved the Areole ships do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Early on, I wasn't sure if the episode was just going to go pure silly but it grew into something and then at the end

Jeffrey Combs Cameo!!! 🙂

So overall I'd give it as a fun episode.

Before Jeffrey Combs, I was thinking to myself that the Areore kind of reminded me of the Sheliak.. especially since they talked about so much fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

Didn't work for me I'm afraid :-/. Peanut Hamper is too annoying to carry it.

A swing and a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,059 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I guess the random swing over to Peanut Hamper for an episode doesn't seem to land for many then. Thinking it over more, there wasn't much in the way of laughs admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

F[i]u[/i]cking dross, wtf was that got to do with anything.

Awful character gets a terrible "redemption"... shax's face during whe whole scene on the planet was the best part of the episode.

That was voyager level terrible tbh

Edit. Wtf, **** new boards doesn't even allowing formatting to get around the juvenile swear filter 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

What was the prior episode/show that we saw the evil computer storeroom?

It is not the first time hearing combs there?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

He was Agimus in the episode Where Pleasant Fountains Lie:

And ended up in that vault at the Daystrom Institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,892 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I actually really liked it. Peanut Hamper had me laughing throughout. A couple of standouts like "I'm sure they wouldn't forget to scan for non-organic life" and "oh so I haven't been violating the Prime Directive all this time"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Evade

A bit meh, Peanut Hamper is like Mariner dialled up to 11 in unlikeability.

A minor nitpick bit androids have to be humanoid so Peanut Hamper can't be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well just be more flupping polite and it won't be a problem.

It was a middling episode, I think some of the earlier episodes were worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I liked it. They were trying something different which is always good.

Ending is definitely the best bit.

Liked the bird race, but for cartoons easy to do, not sure they'd be a runner in the other shows. They're backstory could be very interesting though.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Evade

I liked that they were honest about the repercussions of technological regression unlike the Ba'ku in Insurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Ah folks! Come on ... nobody noticed the flying pigs?!?!?

Nearly spat my beer out when I saw them. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Noticed one of the evil AI's had a CBS logo. Didn't recognise any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I couldn't believe the writers would spend half an episode just focused on a minor character from 2 seasons ago especially one who was this intensely annoying. Then they give this annoying character a redemption arc only to turn out to be a bait & switch. The entire episode felt like one giant setup for the cliffhanger of Argimus & Peanut Hamper teaming up. For me this was one of the worst episodes of the entire show. I've had other episodes I didn't enjoy before but none of them made me feel like they were wasting my time to this degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Flying snake was also brilliant. Why is it called a snake so? Lol

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that was a deeply weird episode; still not quite sure what I thought of it. Peanut Hamper was a deeply annoying character, remained a deeply annoying character throughout this episode - then pulling the rug on their apparent redemption just making the whole episode feel doubly redundant. I don't like it when stories fool the audience that way, with actions by the deceivers too consistently convincing to have the sudden "I was only joking!" reveal work.

It was almost redeemed for the final scene & room of self-aware megalomaniacal robots. And the robot/bird-man love scenes. Don't any of you lie; that was hot. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,892 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I found myself weirdly attracted to Bird-Man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

His feathery 6-pack was ... distracting. That bird can get it.

Advertisement