Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Loan Turnaround Times

Options
  • 06-10-2022 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I applied for a small personal loan one week ago through the 365online banking. At the end of the application I have received a reference number. My application is still in stage 1 according to the online tracking system and I have not heard back since. I was just wondering is this waiting time normal as it stated that I would receive a message within 3 working days. Also, is there a contact phone number for the loans team that does not start with 0818? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

014044000 this is boi phone line

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Malcolm X

Thanks for your reply Missy. I have called them now, they picked up the phone fairly quickly after going through the menu. There was an information outstanding which was not displayed in the online tracking system. I recommend to everyone calling them if you are stuck at stage 1 for more than the 3 days mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Glad you got sorted, best of luck regarding the loan 🍀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Malcolm, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We're glad to hear that you got sorted. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us here, or on any of our social media platforms and we'll certainly do our best to help.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Malcolm X

I would like to share a short negative feedback about the application process.

I applied for a small loan with bank of ireland on 29/09/2022 via online form. As I have BOI internet banking and my salary is paid into a BOI account for many years I thought this would be a straight forward process.

As of today 17/10/2022 I have not received any feedback regarding my loan application. I can only see that it is in stage 1 when log in to the application tracker. It stated I would receive a text / confirmation of receipt within three working days of submitting it. I never received it.

I called bank of ireland twice asking for an update. I was told they are busy but work on it. The second time I was told I would receive a call back within 72 hours which never happened.

I have later applied for a loan with the local credit union and it was approved and paid out within 48 hours. I would not recommend Bank of Ireland for a loan application.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Malcolm,

Sorry to hear about this.

Our colleagues are currently working through a large number of applications and apologies for the delay you experienced.

If you wish to log your feedback/complaint you can do so on the attached. Customer Feedback & Complaints Process - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement