Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling by coach Gobus Citylink

• 05-10-2022 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

I use these regularly and wonder what people think of these services in terms of the actual journey experience itself.

Go bus have this stupid, stupid promo video on a loop which at night time is like a bright shining torch in your eyes. I asked the driver if he could not turn it on and he said he would turn it off once on the motorway, I got the impression he was kind of obliged to show it. Just constant loop no volume thank god but incredibly annoying to this complainer.

Also as it happens on Go bus we had this clown of a driver who loved to chat and banter with passengers as they boarded. A regular Brendan Grace. He loved the attention of it all. He said no alcohol, in his ...speech before departing that no alcohol was allowed unless he could have a drop himself!! He also used expletives sotto voce.

Incredibly once passed the last toll to Dublin traffic seems to be at a standstill and journey times are at least maybe guaranteed to be at least 20 minutes, if not longer, longer in the morning on a regular basis.

The very worst is AC. 'We have AC on board' said the Citylink driver. Yeah but can you turn the f...... thing on? Why should a passenger have to get up from the seat and request the driver to actually turn on the bloody thing! Drivers do not seem to be aware of how stuffy and dangerous it is when there is no air circulating. They are there with a small window to their right that they can open for themselves.

The good thing is that they leave punctually.

They no longer stop at Heuston ( well not officially anyway. I wonder why?) They do a loop, backtrack and stop at the Ashling Hotel now adding just that little extra to get to the city centre.

How have your experiences been on these services? What annoys you about them and what do they do good?

Comments

Was a big fan of Go Bus when I lived in Dublin. Cheap, regular, convieint, efficient transport to Galway.

Citylink basically offered an identical product, but didn't travel with them as frequently, as the pick up location didn't suit.

Happily travel on either if I'm going to Dublin by myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have had a couple of nightmare no-air-con journeys with CityLink. One the driver apologised it was broken, the other it was officially on.

Other than that, happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Got the gobus from Dublin to Galway once, no issues either other than the air-con not being on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I used to use Citylink regularly for about a year between 2016 and 2017. Never had an issue with them myself but can't speak for them now as it has been a long time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Both companies are in common ownership now by the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement