Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Understanding hot water cylinder controls for saving €

Options
  • 04-10-2022 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Someone asked a very similar question to mine a few posts back but I'm still a bit unclear. I'm in my first home and learning the ropes with the heating setup, which I want to run as cheaply as possible over winter.

The system is set to heat both rads and water, they are not independently controlled. I do not need hot running water in the house (electric shower etc). I have set the cylinder thermostat to zero. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure the cylinder is left right out of the loop with heating? Does it need to be shut off at any other valve so it doesn't "try" to heat up? I read somewhere that just the water flowing in and out of the cylinder will trigger the thermostat. I don't want to leave it only half off through not understanding it. Thanks for all info!

Advertisement