Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOLD - upgraded 10/22 semi auto package

• 04-10-2022 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

10/22 semi auto package, all of the below incl in price, trading up to a match rimfire. This gun is not picky, it will shoot SK, Eley, CCI and Aguila best.

It shoots 0.15'' groups at 20 meters and 0.4'' groups at 50 meters with SK rifle match and with Eley match subsonic rounds.

huge range of aftermarket options available for this series rifles. Its a versatile, reliable, fun rifle. I have used this rifle for corvid (100's) and rat control around farm, shooting groups, plinking and for national rimfire competitions.

comes with:

-Ruger 10/22 takedown model (stainless, 18.5'' barrel) and cleaning kit.

-Hogue overmoulded thumbhole stock, 14.5 '' length of pull, very strong and rigid (1.055'' channel in stock, fits all 10/22s

-Original synthetic ruger stock

-Nielsen sonic subsonic moderator

-Harris style 6-9'' bipod

-upgrades (Hogue stock, upgraded trigger spring, upgraded bolt release and bolt buffer pin)

-2 x 10 round ruger mags (BX10)

-2 x 25 round ruger mags (BX25)

all of this package for €475, location Galway.

MOD NOTICE - A restricted license will be required to purchase, own and possess the 25 round mags.

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭no_4

Price drop; all of this package for €425

yes indeed! it’s a factory rail and a hawke vantage4-12x by 36mm

bump

Bump

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

Im interested, but would like to ask a few questions.

Regarding this being a takedown model, can it be upgraded like a standard model, ie for a barrel (bull) or any parts, as Im thinking of a 10/22 for gallery rifle competitions, I already shoot gallery competitions but I want a 10/22 for the availability of parts. Is there an adapter for the quick removal aspect of the rifle/barrel? or is it specific to the takedown model (if anyone knows).

25 round mags aren't a big deal for me, I'd take whats in the package, but is a restricted licence required for ownership?? I thought that was only if they were ever attached to the rifle even if not used (I see Mod note, perhaps they can reply), I'm thinking of how long it will take to process an application.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Cannot comment on the parts compatability, but any rimfire mags over 10 rounds would require a restricted licence.

As far as processing, restricted applications often get processed quicker than non restricted because they go to the Chief super, not the super who handles non restricted applications. This varies by district though.

The main hurdle you will have is in justifying the larger magazine capacity, and why a 10 round capacity would not be appropriate. Again, this will vary by district as to what they will accept as an appropriate justification.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

Thanks for the reply, dont need greater than 10 round mag for competition purposes, just would be interested to take them as part of the package, however I have done a search online and found that the takedown version cant have a replacement barrel upgraded as readily as a more standard (non takedown) 10/22, still looking for a Ruger 10/22 that is upgraded already, or for sale.

Your favourite words; Price drop :)

all of the package above except the 25 round mags : €350

galway region

Bump

• Advertisement

Rifle under offer

Sold, thank you

This discussion has been closed.