Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour trend kitchen paint recommendation

Options
  • 03-10-2022 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Hi Am going to paint the kitchen and dining area - was looking at sorrel from colour trend. The units are ivory white just wondering if you have a suggestion thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

No, its dreadful. Like a bad 80's conservatory. I had it in my kitchen / dining room. I came home and the painter had painted it. He said to leave it overnight. The next day I told him if he does not repaint it, I will. The apprentice had been taking bets that there was no way it was staying.

I cant tell you how awful it was.

It is almost like an illuminous green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭riddles

I was thinking it was a bit bright or pasty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Pasty is the perfect word for it.

I ended up with Poisedions Beard from the Colour Trend Interior Design Fandeck. Deck. I love it, but next time will go for the next shade darker. It was the colour I thought Sorrell was going to be.

A lot will depend on your natural light.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Isn't it mad how paint appears so different on a surface than on the picture? We're trying to find a very specific green for a wall (a forest green), and every colour we've swatched that looks like it should be the right colour has varied from kelly green to turquoise to nearly black, but only one (out of 8 swatched) has come close to the colour it claims to be.

I'd strongly recommend getting a tester and painting a swatch on a wall in the room before committing to a colour, and leave it for as long as you can to see it in as many lights as possible before committing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

We painted our kitchen with Colour trends School Green, it works, everyone compliments it who see it. I would recommend that you get some samples as suggested first, while a colour might look great in one house or on paper, it doesn't necessarily mean it will suit another, the natural light plays havoc. I have a friend who wanted to know the colour we used in our bedrooms as they loved it too, I told them to get a sample, but he ignored it and now it doesn't look anything like the colour in our bedrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I don't think sorrel with ivory-white kitchen units is a good idea if you are referring to greenish ones. But when I searched for sorrel paint, I found a very calm and decent colour. So, I give my vote to sorrel. I am also attaching the colour image here for further clarification:

However, if you need more ideas, I can offer the following colour opinions:

• First of all, I noticed that people use ivory for wall paints when they go with your mentioned colour scheme. The tone could be a little dark or light compared to kitchen units.
    • Similarly, what is about using a dark colour scheme and grey and its different themes should be on your list. Likewise, you can pick warm grey, mouse grey and slate grey.
    • I also like the brick textured idea for the contemporary kitchen, but it should be only applied to a small part of the kitchen, and you should ask decor or painting experts like these what paint colour will suit the remaining walls' area. By the way, you can also not roll out the importance of different white colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

@andymoor - thanks for that link on fortes.vision - looks really interesting ! Just contacted them !!

Advertisement