Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Num Lock and Scroll Lock Help Needed

Options
  • 03-10-2022 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi

My mother uses an Acer Laptop. When she powers it on the lights are on for Num Lock and Scroll Lock.

She uses a 4 digit numeric pin to log in but can because of Num Lock being on.

I tried different ways to get it off but failed. Fn key, Holding shift.

Anybody any ideas how to switch it off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

These used to be set in the BIOS, but Windows 10 may have changed that. Try this article:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I believe it's hold the fn key on the bottom left and press F11 to disable numlock or F12 to disable scroll lock. see here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

You should be able to disable it via the keyboard, it's probably Fn plus another key (you'll see it in blue). But this may not be permanent.

Open Registry Editor and browse to the following key: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

What value does InitialKeyboardIndicators have? 2147483648 disables Num Lock on startup, while 2147483650 enables it. If you change it you'll need to reboot for it to take effect.

Advertisement