Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide

Options
  • 03-10-2022 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

My friend was out of the Republic for quit a few years and now she's back she has discovered that the Nationwide no longer trade in the Republic, she's been living in the North for some time. Anyone know where or how she could contact Nationwide to get her money back ?

I've no idea when she last dealt with Nationwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They closed here at the end of 2017. She will have to contact one of the UK offices (incl several in NI) to find out how to get her money. They haven't left any trace of their operation here - I can't find a website or any info about a local contact.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/help/banking-help/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It's very possible that the account was closed and a check mailed out to the last address she gave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

Just to double check which institution she banked with, was it "nationwide UK Ireland" or "Irish nationwide building society"? If it's the former than all of the above apply. If it's the latter they got folded into IBRC and I think ptsb eventually purchased their deposits.

Advertisement