Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Gaming

Options
  • 02-10-2022 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭

I usually play horror games coming up to Halloween every year so this year I plan to play Resident Evil: Village next followed by Scorn as it is being released early and I have been waiting for this game for about 5 years since I kickstarted it

So anyone else planning on playing spooky games?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On holidays at the moment but when I get back I'm going hard into the snes version of clocktower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Had Alan Wake remaster, Shadows of the Damned and Resident Evil 2 Remake lined up for October, but I've immediately pivoted into lifeing Dragon Quest 11 instead cause I can't even that much right. Alan Wake and Shadows are the priorities anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Gonna try to get through RE Village which I have on Stadia so perfect time to get through it before it's all turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll be playing Overwatch 2. Given all the reveals about the Battle pass system and rebalancing the game to suit it, it could end up being a horror story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would like to give Resident Evil 7 a try in PSVR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Castlevania Advance Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I won Darkwood on Steam Gifts last week, so I'll be giving that a go. Have heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have the Bayonetta 3 special edition ordered and that's out on the 28th so will see if I get to play that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just realised I'm at the end of resi 3 REmake, does that count?

I know I'd probably not play, but what are some decent scary/Halloween VR games on PC/Quest? I still need to play RE7 on PSVR, but just wondering about the other platforms.

• Advertisement

Two games down in one day, Resi 3 and Clock Tower (SNES), although I might go for the true ending and some of the other endings in Clock Tower since I enjoyed it so much.

Next horror game has been chosen:

Deep Fear polished off. I'll have to think of my next horror game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Majora's Mask is freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just finished Dead Space. Picking off the necromorphs limb by limb is still incredibly satisfying, but the story is white hot nonsense and the last chapter was annoying more than anything else. It overly relies on jump scares too which become predictable fairly quickly. But overall enjoyable enough. About to start Dead Space 2 which I’ve never played but seems to be regarded pretty universally as a better game.

Oh, and the game clocked in at 9 hours for me. I’ve no issue with that, it definitely didn’t outstay it’s welcome, but just makes me curious about the €80 remake. I wonder if they’ll attempt to make the game longer or just prettify it - if it’s the latter I’ll wait until the first Halloween it’s on sale!

I enjoyed dead space but it ran out of ideas by the third area. It was still fun but couldn't hold a candle to the imagination behind all the encounters in resi 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ooooh I'd forgotten about Halloween gaming. Great idea. I'm going to have a look.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Started Detention last night and played about an hour. I'm seriously impressed. It's an incredible game already. The visuals and especially the sound design are stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Don't think I could play Scorn, it's just so bleak.

How i'd imagine myself after a session

Finished detention. Amazing game. Kind of burned out on horror so going back to trails from zero but I might do another for Halloween week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Signalis has been reviewing well for those on the look-out for something more retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Played around 6 hours and love it. Inventory management is something I haven't had to do in a while 😂😂.

Brilliant game and well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

for the 6th year in a row I am going to play a Resident Evil game, Resident Evil 4 remake

don't know what I will do next year as that is the last one I want to play unless they bring out the Codename: Veronica remake 😁

I'm playing Resi 4 remake as a coincidence but I started the ps1 from software horror game echo night which I've been really enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think this month I am going to try and finally play past the first hour of Soma. I am a total wuss when it comes to horror/scary games but I'm giving myself the whole month to get through it and maybe finish it over Halloween weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Bubsy 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

I need clear Soma off my back list badly . Maybe halloween time to do it but I will have spiderman 2 and alan wake 2 on my plate then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭McFly85

I think this year I’ll go with: Soma, Signalis and Dredge. And if I’m being honest, Super Mario Wonder😅

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭slay55

I usually play re2 and acquired ghosts n goblins resurrection too

• Advertisement

Started Detention tonight. Meant to play if last year but didn't get to it.

Then think maybe Little Nightmares 2 next.

Advertisement