Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 PDC World Grand Prix (3rd-9th October)

• 02-10-2022 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭

The once Dublin/Ireland hosted tournament takes place from the 3rd-9th October from Leicester's Morningside Arena

Monday October 3

First Round

Callan Rydz v Krzysztof Ratajski

Brendan Dolan v Stephen Bunting

Chris Dobey v Luke Humphries

Dimitri Van den Bergh v Dave Chisnall

Jonny Clayton v Dirk van Duijvenbode

Peter Wright v Kim Huybrechts

Michael van Gerwen v Gary Anderson

Jose de Sousa v Adrian Lewis

Tuesday October 4

First Round

Madars Razma v Ryan Searle

Ross Smith v Andrew Gilding

Danny Noppert v Gabriel Clemens

Joe Cullen v Damon Heta

Rob Cross v Daryl Gurney

James Wade v Martin Lukeman

Gerwyn Price v Martin Schindler

Michael Smith v Nathan Aspinall

Wednesday October 5

4x Second Round matches

Thursday October 6

4x Second Round matches

Friday October 7

Quarter-Finals

Saturday October 8

Semi-Finals

Sunday October 9

Final

Prize Fund

Winner: £120,000

Runner-up: £60,000

Semi-Final losers: £40,000

Quarter-Final losers: £25,000

Second Round losers: £15,000

First Round losers: £7,500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭US3

Better atmosphere at my pub league nights . Thought City West was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You could've heard a pin drop for most of that Huybrechts Wright game

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'Great City of xxxx'

Irks me but guess it will never change

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Maybe the crowd was so poor because Leicester City were playing at home at the same time but was terrible atmosphere. I know Dublin was bad at times but it was never that bad.

A mixed bag darts wise, some good games and some bad times. I'm very surprised by Adrian Lewis. His winning average last night was his highest ever average in the Grand Prix.

I think we're also witnessing the end of Gary Anderson, I wouldn't be surprised if he packed the game in very soon. He's not bothered anymore.

Yeah I think Gary is finished. He's defending runner up money at the World Championship so he most likely won't qualify for any tv events next year.

Good to see Lewis throwing well alright I just can't bare the commentary telling us his back again . Hes back every year for 2 game max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Not the Anderson of old for sure and lot's of points to defend at Ally Pally but points aside hasn't this been the case for the last few years? Never generally bothered for 11 months of the year but gets the head down for the Worlds - all the talk last year of him being half the player he was yet ended up only a couple of sets away from another World Final... I know it's not textbook to put all your eggs in the one basket but the Worlds is so heavily weighted points wise another QF/SF run would keep him going for another couple of years..

Good to see Lewis throwing well again...I think if he gets his confidence up he could be Top 10, maybe 5 again.. Going back to the Matchplay he really could have beaten MVG but the lack of recent big wins went against him...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Absolutely desperate atmosphere.

Searle is shocking tonight

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

First two games tonight are a shocking standard with a BDO like crowd

Terrible stuff

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How come the crowds are so shite? Very unusual for darts tournaments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have to agree, it's like watching the old BDO tournaments with half empty venues where you can hear people talking between themselves! Really poor crowd so far. The PDC calendar for next was already released and this tournament is staying in Leicester. The Citywest can't be trusted anymore to be available.

In other non-surprising news, the self proclaimed best player in the world Michael Smith put in another woeful performance and bombs out of another major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Michael Smith needs to learn to shut his mouth all he does is put unnecessary pressure on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday of events have always been a problem. Exceptions being the Worlds (Xmas party time) and Matchplay (summer holiday in Blackpool). But the Grand Prix and Grand Slam have never really worked crowd-wise until the Thursday. People just don't want to do a darts outing and all it entails early in the week.

Wonder would they ever think of doing Day Sessions for the GP ?

I'd imagine timing is the issue. 16 games a day would be so time constraining. Sure last night went on til after midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Dobey and Lewis match is quite interesting. Dobey started with a no score which I've rarely seen on televised darts, but has proven to be a very tenacious player and the game has gone right down to the very last set now at 2 each.

Really enjoyable match that. Full of tension and right to the last leg. Well done Dobey.

If Lewis could find a little bit more consistency he could move up the rankings again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Sky's commentary is painfully bad

Down to the final 4 and its really open

Think Nathan Aspinall will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Delighted for Aspinall, he's really put in the effort to get back to the top after his wrist problems

Got him at 6/1 dis morning to win it

€4 free bet

This is vintage MvG. I'd prefer a closer game and don't think Aspinal deserves to be 4 down but I love watching him in this form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Again, not sold out. Have they priced it too high or something? Quality of darts has been pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Some comeback by the asp.

Getting interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Asp is a class act, could take this..

He couldn't come back and win this could he? Amazing fight back from Aspinall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Had MVG on the ropes there, very likeable snake. Pity he didn't do it.

Damn it Aspinall, had his chance to make it 4-4 but blew it

MVG is in fine form and hitting it at the right time

Looking forward to December

Advertisement