Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS Custom Ribble fixed wheel bike - built with a geared frame

Options
  • 01-10-2022 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there would be much interest in this here but perhaps?

It's a Ribble frame with Alpina carbon forks (plenty steerer tube lenght left there) that came with it from Ribble

Matt black.

It's an unusual size (longer in top tube length than typical for the seat tube length it has) .

Seat tube centre to top is 52cm

The Top Tube effective length is 55cm

Head tube 110mm

It's not a singlespeed or fixed gear frame - it's a normal geared frame so could easily be switched back to geared (I built it fixed from new). Has derailleur hanger still in place and has braze on front.

I built a custom fixed gear hub using a front 6 bolt 20mm through axle mountain bike hub which I built into an Mavic Open Pro rim. It has a chain adjuster built into this which can be adjusted fore and aft with a pair of allen bolts on each side. I probably did this about 10 years ago so can't remember exactly how it works. I can take it off and check this. Works perfect though and has never given any trouble.

Front wheel is a matching Open Pro rim on an Ultergra hub.

Selle Italia Flite saddle

Shimano 105 brake calipers - mint some stickers still on

Tektro brake levers - adjustable for reach (two positions)

BBB seat pin, ITM bars, Deda stem - inverted to get my exact position. Have matcheing ITM stem also if preferred

Continental tyres (Ultra)

No pedals, saddle bag and bottle cage not included.

RPM 48 T crank set - 165 mm length(again from memory - will check) I had read at the time that typically for fixed shorter cranks were better. I think it is a 16 tooth rear cog. 1/8inch chain.

Bike has hardly any mileage on it. I only used it now and again for training just to for a change to the normal routine.

Located in Kerry (Killarney area)

Not sure how to price this but lets say €380 - it should be worth that in parts?

I might be open to splitting it for parts - depending on what you want.

May be open to swaps / partial swaps. What have you got? ((Was looking also at Tern folding bikes recently 🙄)

For sale

Post edited by gn3dr on

Advertisement