Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope Camera

Options
  • 01-10-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭

A few years ago a scope with an integrated camera would have cost big bucks. But tech is getting better abd better. And I’m wondering if attachable cameras could now provide similar functionality and be used with multiple scopes/rifles.

I’m aware that mounts exist that hold a camera/phone in the eyebox and record down the scope. But was hoping for something that didn’t interfere with the normal operation of the rifle/scope.

I have a few products in mind, but dint want to bias opinions just yet. Has anybody got a setup there use in the field or at the range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

just use a pard 007/008 or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That’s definitely one option. And it probably sets the upper limit for cost. No point paying more than that for less functionality. But I don’t think I need the NV. So was thinking that might bring the cost way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

I bought a triggercam 2.1 recently.

I only had it out a couple of times but I'm happy enough with it so far.

I only tried it on my 22lr and 204 and it doesn't interfere with my normal use of the rifle.

They are expensive enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think that's more like what I'm looking for. Although appears to cost about the same as the Pad007, so much the same expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

I thought about a night vision unit too but didn't want to go looking about authorization for it as the super we have at the moment is not even granting moderators.

I had a look through a pard before but didn't like having to change my head position on the stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement