Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound on Xbox360 games on Series X

Options
  • 30-09-2022 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I’ve an issue with my Series X and I can’t figure it out. Recently (the last few weeks) Xbox 360 games have no sounds. Tested multiple games - deleted them. Re-downloaded them. Nada. Zero sound. And when they’re playing even bringing up the home menu produces no sound. But if I go back home, sounds return.

No issues with any other native games. Turned sound settings down to most basic (stereo).

No idea what else to try. Had portal 1 & 2 lined up to play with my son and now this is busted :(

Anyone else seen this/ have a solution? (Can’t find one online)

cheers,

quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know I'm no help to you but the issue is on your end. Do you have a sound system? The last 360 game I played on my Series X was Rage and I had zero sound issues. That was two three weeks ago from now.

Another thing I just thought of hook up a set of headphones to the controller do you get sound through them? Just some thing to try.

When I was playing rage the sound was from my Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks wotzgoingon. Tried different outputs (speakers / soundbar and headphone). Turned off 5.1 etc.

nada. Still zero sound on 360 games :(

That's a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Have you tried a full shutdown and restart?

• Advertisement
Advertisement