Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woulfe’s surname histories

Options
  • 30-09-2022 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I’ve used “Sloinnte Gaedheal is Gall” to create associations between surnames on my website. For example, for Griffin I have Griffy, Griffey, Greely and so on. I believe there is a longer version of this book with histories for each surname too. I believe this version has over 600 pages. Does anyone know when this edition dates from? as I don’t wish to break any copyright rules, but it would be cool to include these histories too.

https://www.barrygriffin.com/surname-maps/irish/griffin/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ath262

..1923 according to Google Books and BooksIreland

from booksireland : "Buyers should be aware that this is not the large publication of the same name, Sloinnte Gaeḋeal is Gall – published in 1923 and reprinted by the Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore 1967 (and subsequently reproduced on other occasions). The larger work, for which Woulfe is best known, runs to 696pp, with 46 pages of preliminary text, while this small publication extends to 168 pages."

Advertisement