If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

New owner receiving old bills

  • 28-09-2022 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭


    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn’t decide where best to post.

    I just bought an apartment and received a letter from Eir addressed to who I assume is the previous tenant (not owner). I opened it and it is a bill showing ~ €630 in arrears. What should I do with this? I am obviously not going to pay it, so should I contact Eir to stop sending to my address and ask them to get in touch with the orevious tenant who the bill was addressed to?



  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

    Contact Eir, send them a copy of your contract with your date of you starting occupation of apartment and tell them you are only liable for services you have requested to be provided to you.

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

    Simply return the bill and marked "no longer at this address - forwarding address unknown"

    Write a short note - "I purchased the property on xx and have no forwarding address for the previous owner"

    You could pass on the solicitor details of the person that sold it to you

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

    As above, write to them as they will not speak with you by phone as you are not the account holder.