Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW9 Transfer Thread

• 28-09-2022 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Any further info on Isak? He's my only concern currently, probably move to Toney if he's a long term thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I want to do Son -> Salah but need either Son to rise or Salah to drop .1

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think I’ll do Martinelli to Madison. Need to move off 3 Arsenal as they have Spurs, Liverpool and a blank in the next 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Already did Isak to Toney and will leave it at that. Was tempted by a punt on Wilson but think Toney is the better option of the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably do the same move. Sold Toney for Isak on wc as well last week which is annoying. I'd love to take a punt on Daka but don't even know if he'll start.

yeah Im in the same boat, only owned Isak for a single game but hey he got us 9 points. Just a bit frustrating though as Id a few transfers planned out to deal with the Arsenal City blanks, Saka to Zaha for next week and also potentially getting Salah back in GW12. So could have done with rolling this weeks transfer but Isaks injury changes that. Toney a decent replacement though and hes on free kicks and penalties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah don't really like his fixtures but he's the best option I think. See a lot of talk about Solanke on Twitter, think I'd rather delete my team than go there! Have the same moves lined up and maybe Trippier to Trent as well if I can find the funds.

Yeah saw the Twitter chatter about Solanke, I think people are going for him due to a cheap price and it facilitating an upgrade to maybe Kane or elsewhere in the team. Not sure its a good move when you can have 3 forwards hauling points well this season. Im also bias against him from his time at Liverpool when he got lots of chances but never did it. Still though he must have something about him if he got 27 goals in the league last season but the problem is Bournemouth dont seem to create that many chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Think I'll go for Wilson, Newcastle nice run of fixtures and decent one in 12 too...if he stays fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Either Grob to Zaha or Martinelli to Maddison. Id like to do both but would need to find a million or so somewhere!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Wont be going there myself either but I absolutely see why some would, their fixtures between now and the World Cup are pretty much as good as you can get. And if you exclude their fixtures against City, Arsenal and Liverpool they have actually being very decent.

• Advertisement

yeah Bournemouth have taken some naive whippings from the top 6 but they frustrated the heck out of Newcastle and did well in that game to get a point away from home. I wont be surprised if Solanke can come away with 15-20 points over the next 5 fixtures. But have Haaland, Toney and Mitro up front and am happy with that, Mitro just banged four goals including a hat trick during the international break so he is still in red hot form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Have the same front three myself which is why I wont be getting him, its a pity they don't have a standout MID or DEF as they would be great value with those fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm exact same as you with Solanke. And with all the hype over him, he is yet to even hit 1% ownership, still at 0.8%. I'll hold my hand up if I'm wrong, seen some expected XG etc for their upcoming fixtures look a bit better with the decent fixtures. But not for me.

My 3rd striker will be either Greenwood or Toney on WC. It is currently Toney but can move down to Greenwood if need funds, basically mainly depends if Salah can drop in price tonight, which now looks very unlikely as going the opposite way at present. And then I'll be going BATB......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which 2 to start from Trippier/Martinelli/Coufal? Have them in that order currently but fancy a WH clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

One thing I will say about Solanke is that while his fixtures are all green on the FDR scale thingy, the opposition fixture for the same games are also green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going to wildcard next week so thinking Salah in for kdb for a one week punt

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Med101007

Anyone have any ideas what to do with this team, with 1 FT and 0.0m ITB. Thinking Bowen to Maddison might be the best shout for this week.

Sanchez, Ward

Trippier, James, Cancelo, Saliba, Williams

Salah, Bowen, Gross, Neto, Pereira

Haaland, Jesus, Mitrovic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Agree totally.

Coufal hasn't past the eye test for me lately.

May have been leggy but played two full 90mins during IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Waited too long on Zaha in for Bilva. Looks like it's Bowen out next week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure what to do this week. Only 1 free transfer, and have 5 players from Spurs/Arsenal. Plus 3 for City. All my eggs in 3 baskets it seems.

Think i may be using my first WC.

Salah drops, that's a nice touch to 2 weeks of trying to catch the rises and drops on the players I want in my WC team. Time to finalise the WC now.... No idea what so ever on goalies. Currently Leicester double up.

I held off on Salah for about 2 weeks, waiting for him to drop. I brought him in late last night, and THEN he drops....so annoying!

Have someone ended up with Coufal starting with Martinelli on the bench.

Need to bench one of Coufal, Martinelli, Mitro, Toney.

Hard one, but Coufal would be my first bench. Just fancy Arsenal today.

I've benched Zaha and started Mirto, Martinelli and Armstrong over him. But not same as not a defender in any of them.

And then I'm starting Zaha!

The derby one definitely is tricky. My thinking is that Conte is gonna shut up shop. Martinelli 1 goal in 5, but could find the space. Ugh these decisions!

Majority of benches are gonna have their first sub who is like this a 50/50 call.

I'm could easily go Zaha in for Tripper now last min.... Newcastle CS doesn't look too good from my thinking.

*Zaha in, Trips to bench. Locked!

In an extremely rushed on 11.00 move I said feck it and I'll follow you - Trippier benched and Martinelli starts. Although I don't know if it went through or not!

Advertisement