Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any help in ireland ?

Options
  • 27-09-2022 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

last november i took the plunge and went and got all my teeth done in turkey.was very happy with the look but i was told that the gum would grow towards the teeth.from the front it looks great and looks perfect but there is slight gaps at intervals at the back.food is getting caught in the gaps and my breath is very bad.i brush regulary and use a mouthwash.i also use dental brushes.i use the size zero brush but it will only fit in some gaps.one or 2 gaps the brush goes in but it seems to go sideways under my teeth instead of out the back.my gums are a touch sore and due to the slight gap,im worried my original teeth underneath the crowns, maybe exposed to decay.the place i went to dont have aftercare here in ireland and i want to know is there somewhere here that will look at them for me ? any help would be appreciated

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If the brush is slipping in under the ceramic instead of straight through the gap and you are getting food stuck under the margins of the crowns, there are overhanging margins. In other words the margins of the ceramic are too thick and hanging out from the teeth. It often means the affected crowns have to be remade or else the constant food trapping will lead to decay and bone loss/gum disease around teeth due to difficulty cleaning. Sorry, that means going back to the Dentist who placed them, or having to have them remade here at your cost. Try the Dental Hospitals in Dublin or Cork, that is where a lot of patients who travel are referred as Dentists here are reluctant to take on the responsibility of retreatment of work done abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 owenyphoney

thank you

Get yourself an air or water flosser , boots and Amazon have them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,866 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dental flossers are great, my dentist recommended the waterpik ..

They charge quickly and come with several different heads / tips…

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gdpman

The Dublin dental hospital now refuse to take on any dental tourism cases, not sure regarding Cork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement