Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb hinge question

• 27-09-2022 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭

What part of this hinge do I need to measure to get another one the same size? I know it's a 26mm cup, but Screwfix have various lengths on their website (64mm, 112mm, etc.), and I don't know exactly what length it's referring to.

(Also, none of them say whether they're 26mm or 35mm cups... does that mean they're 35mm by default, so no use to me anyway?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Looks like a 110 degree, kitchen door hinge, every hardware should have them, bring that one with you when you're buying, to compare. Thirty five mm is the size of the hole you drill in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I also have a dumb hinge question - what's this type hinge called?

Have some cabinets that need them replaced but not sure what to search for? Very same as a cabinet hinge, but with fittings to be tightened rather than separate screws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Thanks. It's an existing hole, and it's 26mm, which I believe is a standard size. I just need to replace a hinge that's broken, but we don't have any hardware stores locally, so I was hoping to buy online.

Advertisement