Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impact of new Runway on North Dublin Clubs?

Options
  • 27-09-2022 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Considering a few clubs in North Dublin, just wondering what impact the new runway has had on Corrstown, Beaverstown, Ashbourne etc.? Anyone played courses in this area recently, could do without jet engine noise ruining my round!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sure it doesn't bother Portmarnock or Forrest Little, just one of those things when you're in a flightpath.

I used to live under Concorde flightpath in London, you would get used to all other aircraft but when that little baby took off holy crap Batman, the noise was on a different level

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

I mean I hit it high, but not that high!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

No impact on Beaverstown anyway. St Margaret's potentially, but I haven' played there for well over a year or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I've played only once in St. Margarets since the new runway opened. The planes seemed to go right around the course. I played well, however it definitely bothered me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I played St. Margaret's on the first day the new runway opened. It seemed to be the talk of the clubhouse there that day. A flight went almost directly over the first tee box and was fairly loud. Get used to it easily enough though I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

You'd notice them in certain parts of St Margaret's only. Mostly around the 15th and 17th.

Some planes are pretty noisy. You'd be wondering how they'd make it to their destination at all.

Definitely not as quiet as it was but not all that disruptive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Yeh been absolutely no issues in Beaverstown. Realistically you'd want to be somewhere very close to the airport to feel the impact. I live beside the airport in Santry and haven't even noticed any difference in noise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Played Lucan recently and actually thought it was really annoying the amount of small planes flying over/near it (must be a flight training area maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Weston Airport is in Lucan so you’d have numerous light aircraft around there landing and taking off and occasionally small corporate jets.

been a while since I’ve been out there but the airport borders the course..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ah that makes sense so - Especially on the exposed back 9 it was annoying ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement