Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scan date wrong ??

Options
  • 26-09-2022 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok so this is going be a long post rewind to Oct 2021 I ended a relationship, I suffered side aches and ended up in hospital on Nov 4th had a bleed for 1 day and became nauseous that month and noticed my boobs were big as I was always flat chested due to a diagnosis of anorexia nervosa I then met a boy I went on a date a few times no intercourse on the 6th of december spent the nigh wit him let's just say the intimate stage just was not happening for us so we didn't do it, fast forward to Jan 23rd i noticed I had not had a period since the end of September which is normal for me as I have pcos so always irregular and ovalate late, I had a scan done and it was identical twins one twin measuring a week smaller, and the dating scan was saying I was 7 weeks pregnant which I could not understand, I went back for another scan 2 weeks later and I was then 11 weeks by scan date but unfortunately one twin had passed, so going by dates I conceived end of November start of December but I could be positive it was from my previous relationship that ended in October but doctors say no because there was a 3 and half week difference, I asked could babies have been small due to my eating disorder they couldn't answer so all was looking like the bot I had been seen start of December which was impossible as we didn't actually have intercourse, I stopped thinking about it and got on with he pregancy fast forward to 35 weeks I went I to slow labour and hospital stopped it got injections for lungs was told I would have a small baby due to eating disorder the at 39 weeks baby was not moving, had a scan and he had no fluid left and placenta had stopped working I was induced that night and baby came out like an over due baby long nails wriggly skin, im so confused because he was not small at all he had absolutely no room left , and to add he looks nothing like the boy I was seen in December he is dark like my previous partner ,,,, im so confused he is 5 weeks old now but eats and looks like a 8 or 9 week old my gp says very advanced , my question is could it be possible the scan dates were wrong as I had pregnancy signs and symptoms before I dated the boy in late November early December, which would point at my previous partner but dates point at boy I was seen but I can swear we did not have intercourse as it was not happening for us that night

Anyone any feedback or similar situation no nasty comments please

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mct1

The scan date is based on fetal measurements so it could be out, though 3+ weeks is a big discrepancy. You don't say what happened in December. it's possible to get pregnant without intercourse if he ejaculates near your vagina or even if his penis comes into contact with your genital area at all. The risk is very low but just so you know that it's actually a possibility. Either way you're presumably looking at paternity testing to resolve the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Any possibility you just don't remember from Dec?

• Administrators Posts: 13,764 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The only way you will possibly know for definite is a paternity test.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is it possible to get the hospital records from the Nov 21 stay? What did they say the aches and pains were caused by?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I presume the question is who the father is?I think a paternity test will be the only way to sort that for definite.

Just to note, my 3rd baby was 2.5lbs heavier than they said he might be.The day I gave birth they reckoned a 7-8lb baby and he came out at 10.5lbs.So they can get the sizes fairly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

The scan measuring 11 weeks would have been extremely accurate. In the first trimester babies develop at almost an identical rate. Growth rates from the second trimester onwards will depend on environmental factors and genetics but at 11 weeks it's unlikely to vary by more than 1 or 2 days. This is exactly why dating scans are carried out been 11 and 14 weeks. They are extremely accurate during that period of time.

It sounds like you want your ex to be the father but the only way to be sure is to take a paternity test.

Advertisement