Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been too ashamed to introduce your partner to other people

Options
  • 25-09-2022 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Just rewatching sex and the city and in one episode it focuses on hiding a person you're dating from others because of embarrassment. Have you ever dated/slept with someone who you kept secret because you were too ashamed to introduce them to others because of their looks, personality etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭dontmindme

There was one girl once, great ride but terrible smell of piss off her.

Jaysus I wouldn’t let on to some of what I’ve let inside my door so to speak,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I remember dating a guy who would piss in bushes, spit on the street and brag about riding women in the evenings outside a supermarket after it closed, safe to say that was a combined secret and mistake 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes definitely, but not because of their looks or personality.

Saying that I had an ex who went out her way to find new excuses why I couldn’t meet her family. I never found out the reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Wezz

My current girlfriend, not ashamed or embarrassed but concerned about introducing her to certain members of the wider family due to her background. Not for me mind, I’m insanely proud of her and can’t believe my luck, but for her. Some of my older relatives are not very politically correct. Turned out fine though so I was worried about nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Mad. Always do my supermarket riding during opening hours.

Advertisement