Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Predictions for Temporary Licenses for More Ex Pirates?

Options
  • 24-09-2022 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭

The following former pirates ended up with temporary licenses: Phantom FM, Premier FM, Heartbeat FM, Power FM, Freedom FM and Easy Radio. Have you any predictions for other former pirates (including current pirates at the moment - future former pirates!) that might get temporary licenses? All the examples I gave were Dublin stations, but they don't have to be of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I would imagine that any such stations are likely to come from the 1990s and/or this century, just like the examples I gave. I think it would have happened by now for earlier stations. One possible future contender could be current part-time oldies pirate Retro FM. Perhaps a former dance pirate or two might consider a temporary license. I know Power FM, which was underground and crossed into other genres at times, did already. Pulse FM is one dance pirate that comes to mind, because some of those involved then have been with temporary licensed stations since then. How about Jazz FM, which had a mixture of genres?

Advertisement