Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill HKC1070 Alarm

Options
  • 24-09-2022 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a HKC 1070 alarm on my house that isn't in use. The alarm flagged a fault earlier and sounded the siren outside.

Does anyone know I disable this alarm entirely? There's a control panel and a fuse just over from the keypad. Do I just take out the fuse, open the panel and disable the back up battery?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Hooe you got sorted with system?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

Do you know the user code? Try that.

Try removing all fuses and wait 2 hours for batteries to go flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

I do know the user code, I had to call the security company on the box and they eventually got it off. I'll try as you said and disconnect the fuse and leave the battery run off and see if it kills the fault. Thanks to both of you!

Was the engineer not able to resolve your problem? Did he say what has gone in the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

He was able to shut the alarm off, said on his end it looked like a power issue but the power never cut off. It was showing a panel fault and then an issue with a tamper on the screen. The fault and alarm light are still flashing but the alarm isn't going off thankfully.

• Advertisement

He couldn't have known much about the system. If he had have been any good he would have brought a power supply for the panel. The power supply surged and the battery voltage went below 8v not enough power there to jerp keypad and external bellbox afloat.

Advertisement