Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a replacement/upgrade to the HIKVision NVR

Options
  • 23-09-2022 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I've had a HIKVision DS-7608NI-E2 / A NVR for a number of years now at home - while it has never failed recording any of my HIKVision cameras - it is a complete PITA to grab video from it as the unit only supports a plugin which required Internet Explorer.

I'd be open to suggestions for repalcement/upgrade of that NVR, even another updated NVR from HIK themselves. Ideally it would have;

• Support for at least 8 cameras
    • Support 2 HDDs, 1 as a hot spare - this isn't a deal breaker, I've only ever used 1 HDD but be nice to have an option for a hot spare
    • Built in POE for the HIKCameras be nice, but I have an external POE solution which works for now
    • Support modern browsers like Chrome! :D

Any suggestions welcome, again, even if its an update HIKVision unit.

Advertisement