Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock at the Cabin [M. Night Shyamalan]

Options
  • 22-09-2022 7:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen Old but by all accounts Shyamalan seems to be experiencing a bit of a renaissance at the moment, finally embracing the schlock that always rested underneath his films.

Glass was pretty terrible though, so hopefully this is a little simpler, more direct.

Comments

Looks very promising.

Post Sixth Sense, I like The Village and The Visit. The Happening starts great but becomes meh. I don't think I've seen any other films by him. Must check out Unbreakable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I saw this last night and I enjoyed it. It's a bit of a mess with a few side-plots that don't really go anywhere but Dave Bautista absolutely shines in it. It's great to see him in actual roles and not wasted as a fatuous comic relief.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Thought this was OK. Very watchable and gets good around the mid-way point but kinda fizzled out for me and I'd be hard pressed to recommend it to anyone, but again not to say it's bad. Won't say too much because I don't want to spoil anything about it, but Dave Bautista was fairly good in it. In general actually, the cast was pretty solid.

It was better scripted and acted than 'Old' by a country mile, and far more coherent, but I preferred the concept and narrative of 'Old' right up to the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

It's very well shot and 3/4 of it are quite entertaining. Bautista is surprisingly good cast against type.

Falls flat in the final quarter where if anything it could have used more Shyamalan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Enjoyed that for the most part but expected something a little off for the ending

• Advertisement
Advertisement