Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendation: Automatic car 15k I'm completely lost!

Options
  • 21-09-2022 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I'm (female) driving a 161 Kia Ceed Hatchback (1.6 Diesel) my issues are I have a bad back so changing to an automatic. I also find the Kia is very low to the ground and uncomfortable to drive in traffic.

I only do about 10, 000 miles a year. I'm based in the country side but travel from Galway to Dublin about twice a month.

I like the 1.6 power. Budget around 15k. Its just me no kids/passengers. I wouldnt drive a yaris or a micra, not my style! I'm at a complete loss as to what I should be looking for! I'm guessing petrol, maybe decrease to a 1.4... any ideas ? Safety would be important to me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the budget €15k plus what the Ceed is worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

No No, I'd probably get 10k for the kia and I'd add 5k. Looking at Polo's but most seem to be 1.2 engines...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Polo is a smaller car than the Ceed. 1.2 litre might not be the most frugal doing the Galway to Dublin motorway trip either. You could look at a Japanese imported 1.4 litre Golf with low milage, a good few of them being sold by dealers here now but they are pricy so with 15k you could be looking at something a year or two older than your Ceed. Automatic Polos are not much cheaper than Golfs either.

Another one to consider is a Honda Jazz/Fit 1.5 litre hybrid Japanese import too:

https://www.carsireland.ie/3160730

https://www.carsireland.ie/3166460

They are quite roomie and come with typical Honda reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭User1998

I found the Honda Fit hybrid absolutely terrible on the motorway. One of the loudest cars I have been in even at only 100 km/h. I don’t know is it because of the gearbox or what. They are just not suited to motorway driving.

I’d agree with the Jap import Golf. You’d get a high spec 2014 or a mid spec 2015 for your budget.

The problem is it’s possible you won’t get €10k for your car, unless it’s particularly low mileage

My kia has 55,000 Miles was hoping for 10k

• Advertisement

That's so helpful thank you, I will pay more if I need to. Never heard of a Honda jazz that's great thanks.

Yeah I need a good run on the motorway thanks for the advice

Advertisement