Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tplo surgery

• 21-09-2022 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hello everyone! my 5 year old dog needs to undergo a leg surgery this coming weekend because he had an acl tear on his left back leg. anyone had an experience regarding tplo before? any products and tips to do? and anyone tried this sleeve before? thanks for all the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

snuffle blanked /lick mat

non slip mats for the floor ( homestore and more are good for these)

ability to secure off an area of a room to contain the madra

Pet remedy claming spray

edit: see post below from tk on the sling.

Ice pack/heat pad.

Do the physio religiously. Do the walking the physio tells you.

Post edited by dashoonage on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Everything listed above except the sling - If you can afford it get a rear support harness. I’ve used slings (both diy bag ones and another padded one) in the past and they just don’t compare to a proper rear support harness. You’re lifting/supporting at the hips vs around their tummy so it’s not uncomfortable for them and they won’t resist. It’s less also less effort for you. You can always sell it after / keep it if the other leg needs to be done. I managed to pick up a Helpemup harness on eBay for £40 but Zooplus stocks a cheaper one.

eg :

I think I was lucky tk, I had to use it for 2 days and then my problem was getting her not to get up!

edit: 1 yr post op yesterday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭pauly58

Yes, we had a Rottie operated on some years ago, it was a great success, her hips were non existent which probably caused the cruciate to tear, it was a long period to rest if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah they think they’re superman/woman lol

😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 evee0

sorry i was not able to get back because of all the post surgery stuff

how doggo ?

also hows evee0 , it can be though going !

Advertisement