Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Business is experiencing problems with unexplained Meta (Instagram & Facebook) Suspensions

Options
  • 20-09-2022 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

About two months ago my businesses Instagram page was suspended by Facebook. According to the message when I logged in, the issue was with a connected Facebook account, presumably my own.

I'm not a Facebook user and my business didn't actively use our Facebook page. Like with most brands, we had a connected Facebook account to add products to our Instagram store.

I've been unable to get that Instagram account back. We had a few thousand followers and its had a affect on business as the brand sells to stores and customers mostly outside of Ireland .

Recently I set up a new Instagram Business account and I've been trying to navigate Facebooks very complicated Metaverse. Meta Business Suite is complicated, ads manager is complicated and to make matters worse I've been experiencing a ton of problems trying to ad credit cards, PayPal and two factor authentication to my account. The old business manager was a lot easier. It seems the more detail I go into to make sure everything is legit and safe, the more emails I get from Facebook about suspicious activity, followed by temporary deactivation of my ads account and then complete bans like yesterday when my personal account was banned from posting adds on Ads Manager.

Theres no explanation for any of it except that the original suspension appears to have blacklisted my IP address, credit cards and business. I believe the reason our original Instagram account was deleted is because my old personal Facebook account was inactive and the bots got it. I never posted on it and there was no profile photo.

I'm looking for help on this really. Someone out there may work in the industry and know the best way to get this sorted. Ideally we need to get our original Instagram account back online. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hillt0p

Hi,

Did you find any useful answers to unlocking your FB and Insta accounts?

My personal FB account was recently hacked and my shop page is attached to it as is my Instagram a/c. While I (almost instantly) managed to shut the "back door" that the hacker used to infiltrate, my account was suspended after I went to change my password and submit my photo ID to prove that I was the original owner. The account was suspended allegedly due to a "breach of community standards" and I was offerred the option to dispute the decision, which I did. Over two weeks later and my account appears to still be "under review" (image attached) even though it should take no more than a couple of days (see attached

).

I have tried all of the help advice that I can Google to unlock it, but they all point to options in FB that I can't utilise as my a my account is suspended. It appears to be vicious circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Hi. I had no luck myself. Meta is a dreadful business. I even got as far as dealing with two people (friends of friends) who work for Facebook. One guy said he would help me but never got back to me and the other guy helping me and his team were completely incompetent. I've since set up a new Instagram account but when I tried to set up a new ads account for it on Facebook through Meta Business, my account kept getting suspended. It got to the point where I started to lie to them with information just to keep things operational but later I just deleted the business account and have decided to stick with Instagram and not sell on any of their platforms. Meta is on a downward spiral. For anyone thinking about doing business on Meta, don't. Stick with an Instagram page and stay clear away from advertising and shops unless you have a verified account. At some stage, your Instagram will be deleted by a bot so best to steer away. Meta are still holding onto my business information including credit card numbers and won't let me access any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hillt0p

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.

Advertisement