Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Passport Cover - Help?

Options
  • 20-09-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me. I recently renewed my Irish passport. However, I'm not sure where to get a clear plastic cover for the passport. Every one I've ordered online, doesn't fit the passport and I end up returning it. Does anyone know a suitable website where I could get one?

My partner received his years ago and the powers that be were kind enough to include a plastic cover for his, but alas not mine.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Get on to your local TD. They can't do anything about actual problems or crises, but minor passport issues are their time to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mct1

Homestore & More sell one https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/travel-accessories/black-passport-cover. It's black (or pink) though, not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

When travelling recently, I had to remove the cover a number of times going through immigration

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any cover has to be removed to scan the chip thing in the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Why cover it? I travelled a lot for work during the ten year length of my last passport and it held up no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

The chip and antenna are embedded in the photo/data page. If scanning through cover, a polymer/plastic cover will have negligeable difference, but if needed, fold out data page to present for NFC scanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Loads of passport covers on Amazon.

see through plastic to leather and all in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Go to your local poundshop

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or an office supplies shop/website, if you have your heart set on a transparent cover.

Advertisement