Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to report someone.

Options
  • 19-09-2022 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I want to report a supposed mod on here who seems to have a problem with me. He has closed 3 of my threads for no reason at all.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm listening - I am a bit confused though as I only closed two of your threads, and I have received no PMs from you about this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oh and you have just sent me a PM, but that is simply telling me you are reporting me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

3 threads actually. Two today. One has totally disappeared :(

Ms

So what is your problem?

I have nothing against the British after all I am not paying for the Royals or that funeral. Let them at it. I am just glad we are not in the Common Wealth.

There is far worse people on Boards.IE that you should be banning like racists and TERFs.

Let me set out the sequence of events for you

20:20 you start a thread in Current Affairs entitled "Why is there absolutely no advertisements on any British channels today?"

You alluded to the fact the Queen's funeral may have had something to do with this

I closed that thread at 20:31 with the comment

"You answered your own question OP

I suspect you were trying to create a thread where people could show some outrage at the attitude of the British media to the Queen's funeral"

At 20:36 you started a new thread entitled "Why is there absolutely no advertisements on any Sky channels today?"

You never PM'd me to discuss the first closure. You just went ahead and started a new thread on pretty much the same topic as the closed one

Do you really not understand that you were challenging a mod action by doing that?

Why did you not attempt to discuss this before blazing ahead with a new one?

What did you think my reaction would be to another thread on the same topic?

So your second thread was deleted and you were warned that another one like that would result in a forum ban

What was the point of your thread{s)? You accuse me of no sense of humour. This is Current Affairs, not After Hours. Why did you think such a thread was appropriate in Current Affairs? What do you think the relevance of a thread discussing the lack of adverts was in this forum?

• Advertisement

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what the 3rd thread is?

Ms

There was a thread made some time ago by someone else back about about what's a real Woman or something like that and I made a thread saying what's a real man?

You closed it. No sense of humour.

Yes I could have made the thread the other ones in After hours but I thought that would be disrespectfully and have the usual stupid comments in it that's why I made it in Current Affairs.

Disrespectful, but you think it's not so in CA?

So, having had one thread closed, I would think you faced 3 realistic options:

1. Forget about it and just get on with life; or
    2. Reach out to the mod and seek further clarification; or
    3. Ignore the fact the first one was closed and just plough on with another in the expectation that it would not be closed like the first one

Which of those options makes least sense to you?

I note you cannot pinpoint the 3rd thread - well I'm not going looking for it for you

Advertisement