Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Founding an intentional community house for creatives, who's in?

• 19-09-2022 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

In these shifting times and exorbitant rents, I'd like to attract a small group of people in a similar position as myself to create intentional housing. My vision is to have 4-5 people come together to spend the winter living in one house and using our creative potential to start up a business or community project which would sustain us and provide lot's of potential to use our skills and gifts. Many hands make light work, and many resources put together erase the burden and cost of living alone. Ideally, this is for people who only work part time already or are searching for work and purpose but have some money put aside to pay rent through the winter. All other costs like utilities and food can be shared and cleaning and cooking tasks shared to be living in ease. I have many great business ideas to launch in the Spring and am pursuing various grants and opportunities for funding. With other creatives and working together, there is no limit to what we could produce. I am looking at 4-5 bedroom houses in the 2k a month range in Co Kerry, in areas of outstanding beauty, near the sea, where inspiration will come easy. Each person should expect to only have a 400-500 rent payment and I'll be speaking with rental agents and landlords to find the right property owner who aligns with this model of living. Once established, there will be a season of exploration, brainstorming, collaboration and getting to know housemates and how we can all work together as a unit. While there may be room for couples, ideally a group of singles works best and even people who are nomadic but would like to settle down and build something, like myself. There are no hard and fast rules, but applicants will be screened for 1. sense of humor. 2. willingness to change patterns that block harmony with others. 3. brave enough to think and act out of the conventional norms. 4. A firm belief in creating your own reality, ie: no longer in a victim mindset. 5. A genuine interest and love for others and a wish to express your potential. Please respond through email and use this discussion to give your feedback. Catchplane@yahoo.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

I think this idea has a great potential to be turned into a book or a TV series if you can get this started. Good luck and please share your experience next spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Catchplane

Thank you, and yes! to the book....

Advertisement