Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Stadium

Options
  • 19-09-2022 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Never been - what's it like as a venue?

Thinking of going to see Confidence Man in Nov?

Presume its all standing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It depends on the show. The floor area in front of the stage can be seated or standing. There are tiered seats around the sides.

I haven't been to a show there since 2002. I was supposed to be going to Bret McKenzie there next month, but it was cancelled.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

I was there for Beach House in May 2022 and it was all standing in front of the stage. It was very dark in the arena but the stage lighting was amazing.

I have tickets for Gilla Band in December also , presume that will be racucous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Thanks

So I wonder is the area marked ringside all standing (as for Beach House above)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I was there for Big Thief earlier this year and the seating was as it is on that diagram. Bizarre set up. Anyone in the first few rows of seats couldn't see because the standing section was on the same level as the first section of seating. Bit of a free for all, people with seats headed for the floor etc. Great sound, great gig, just a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Saw gaslight anthem there, don't buy floor seats if you're planning to sit, they're basically standing, otherwise it's a solid venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Fanirish

If you don’t want to stand avoid the first few rows of the ringside seating. Otherwise it’s a grand venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Thanks all, think I get it now

Can't see too many wanting to sit for Confidence Man 😂

Advertisement