Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever called out someone and said "you're talking shi+!!"

Options
  • 19-09-2022 9:25am

Anywhere and in the workplace. With or without alcohol.

Did they react favourably?

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Doe Tiden

Yes! Regularly part of my job some people don’t like it, some argue, some put their hands up and acknowledge it,

tbh aside from the rough and tumble of online discussion, i find this a fairly telling impulse in people in real life.

theres a hundred ways to deal with a shit talker without making it a national school classroom level scene, which ime the direct route almost always is (and usually with a lot less wisdom/perspective from the person calling it out than they might think)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes my brother although highly intelligent comes up with a lot if crap sometimes. I often think he would have been a great book writer. Thing is I used to believe some of the stuff he would say and some not.

He had a Puegeot 207 once and said it was a one off prototype special diesel engine in it lol. Ye right. If that was the case it woukd be worth a lot more than it was and certainly not be in Ireland. I did not believe that do. Thing is he says it was the Uncle who said it to him. The uncle was servicing it for him. I think he must have heard something wrong. The Uncle owns a Citroen C6 so maybe he was talking about that and the brother miss heard him.

Another one was the power station near us made clouds lol now I know he was messing here but we had someone working for us who actually believed that lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Certainly my brother. He was hearlded as having a great memory by the rest of the family for years and as I wasn't around for some of it or just that bit younger than him. As he doesn't live in the country and only came home some years there was less iterations. He would tell of events I was at and make weird claims and add why people did things. Just a bit of exaggeration but veering off to put certain people down.

Time moved on and suddenly when he says something it is now gospel. Before I just let him talk now I just say "that didn't happen". He went on at one point telling my English aunt how planning permission worked in Ireland at one meal. My aunt turned to me and asked if that was true and I explained it has moved on from the 30 year old knowledge he has and he has no clue what he is talking about. Great offense taken but I simple sent him the regulations along with the successful planing applications I applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I've done it in the past with previous roles in the Workplace. Was actually told by a Manager (who rose up through the ranks there by being a shill) casually one day that I can be 'too' honest

Thought he was a bit of a loser saying that tbh

I've since become self-employed and able to happily give them the middle finger with how I'm getting on. Can't hack the stupid corporate guff of 'be a yes man' essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes. Got accused of bullying then. Obviously nothing happened as a result of this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Answers

Advertisement