Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Questions about 2018 Kia Niro phev or similar

• 17-09-2022 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi ,

I am trading in my 2012 diesel Jetta.

I was mainly focussing mainly 2017 Toyota chr my budget was 25k on my search comparing to other cars I came across a Kia Niro to buy for 27k and thinking it might be worth investing more to save in long run. I am mainly Using reviews and opinions from honest John for research anything rated below 4 not considered.

I've a few questions about the used Niro. Does the mileage amount reduce after a certain amount of recharge cycles like any battery. I believe a charge gets 50km on battery.

Can I charge using 3 pin plug which is an option for me or is it worth investing in doing proper home charger with grant.

I mostly do city driving short runs with a run down the country 200km return every 2/3 weeks. Prefer a high driving position automatic petrol have one child so safety is a priority, looks not a priority prefer practical and reliable with no issues so open to suggestions also

Thanks

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I am on my 3rd phev, you are unlikely to get the advertised range from it unless you drive it carefully, but you should easily get 40 km, I have not noticed any degradation in my cars, oldest was 7 years, there is a buffer that you never use, so maybe that part degrades. Even if it degrades 20 % you are now down to 32 km,

Yes a 3 pin can charge it but its slow, better to get the faster charger installed, sooner or later you going to get one anyway and best results are from charging every chance you get.

From memory, the niro does about 40 to 50 km on battery after that is 5.5 l/100 km

Advertisement