Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod posts transphobic cartoon then gets pissy on being called out

Options
  • 16-09-2022 8:18pm

And here I thought that mods, when acting as regular posters, didn't pull the mod card.

Anyhoo; mod posts a transphobic cartoon declaring trans people as "Wrong" and starts moaning about freedom of expression, being made "defenceless", and snowflakes in the chat thread.

Then instead of another mod making a comment on a debate/argument between users and another user (who happens to be a mod) the original poster/mod shut down discussion (strange considering their freedom of expression statement earlier)

It's not cool that someone who mods a forum, and therefore sets the tone, thinks that it is ok to post a cartoon which labels an entire community as "Wrong"

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know the mod indicated posters should start a thread in Feedback if they wish to complain. However Feedback does not deal with such issues. I have therefore moved this thread to Help Desk which does cater for complaints about moderators

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Wow. If that had been posted in a work situation that is at least a serious disciplinary issue. If that's what Boards are ok with mods posting then you can keep your website, talk about bringing a site into disrepute 🤬

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've deleted the post in question

I will consider separately if further action is appropriate, but that is not being discussed here

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement