Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underdogs 2022

• 16-09-2022 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭

Just watched an episode of it last night. I don't remember the previous series being so invested in the back stories of certain individuals. Kind of knew that when they were going to that much effort with the interviews that they wouldn't fall at the first hurdle.

The fella who kept complaining for another go - I dunno. As an amateur sport and even though he was incredibly pushy, I was surprised when they included the comments from the mentors at the end when he left the room. Wonder was things a bit more heated somewhere???

Will watch a bit more in case it picks up, but not holding much interest really at the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I suppose they are trying something different because the interest is gone a bit

Trying hurling

Trying the emotional spin on things

Didn’t show any action really, probably meaning that decisions were barely action based but more personality based

All in the name of playing a few challenge matches

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

It's a sad state of affairs when you have lads playing Division 9 in Dublin marking the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

They are playing Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Surely they’re not. What would be the point of getting annihilated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Underdogs was better before they went all american and started including the sob stories, the back stories etc.

Sorry, but i dont care, i just want to see the drama of trying for the team , whether he fails/succeeds and then see the match..

I dont care if he doing it for his dead great great granddad that brought him to his first match .....

Too much backstory - not enough sport in it now.

If you have the saddest story you will be picked ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Fella off it told me.

When is the match going to be officially announced? Still nothing last night abut the opposition or the date of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Think it was announced their playing Waterford in late November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,901 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Definitely won't be a hammering then

Is the episode this week the last of the series til the match ?

The guy who got the captaincy was on the piss at a stag and missed a camp but instead of getting a grueling he was given the captaincy for been 'a stand up guy'.

No doubt there's probably a lot more activity going on than we see on screen. The sob storie element definitely because of the TV producers.

• Advertisement

Got it wrong its actually October 29th, on in WIT Arena for anyone close by.

Thought intercounty aren't allowed any collective training til the end of November ?

Think either players who weren't in the panel this year or players who didn't play championship aren't effected.

That could work in favour of the Underdogs. One of the big prospects in Waterford Patrick Fitzgerald is on the Ballygunner side so won't be available

TBH i expect a Waterford 2nd or 3rd team to win handy, since the series has been revived i think they've got well beaten every time, to much about the TV show now and backstories rather than the game, i know a girl who made the panel for ladies football, while her story was inspirational no way was she at the standard of making the panel.

It's Waterford so winning any game is not a guarantee. With the 3rd Level leagues back I imagine the Waterford squad could be made up of a few players from that along with some players who impressed in the club championships. The big guns not back til November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

id like to see the viewing figures.

The producers ruined a great idea by going 'american' and having the sob stories more important than ability .... imo.

I stopped watching it after the ladies GF last year , when they put the girl with the american accent on goal, just cos her story was sadder than the other players ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

awful tv this shite

I like the show but they only beat the wexford intermediate champions by a point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement