Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Roof vs. Pitched Roof

Options
  • 16-09-2022 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know this topic has been covered previously, but given technology in the flat roof space has advanced in the past few years I'm interested in what people's thoughts are. I'm seeing flat roofs (fully and partially covering the building) a lot more on new one-off houses in my area. I'm potentially looking to build myself in the near future and am wondering if it's something I should bring up with the architect - i.e. no flat roof on house.

My own opinion is that in the long run a pitched roof is the better option. With flat roofs you're totally relying on high quality workmanship to ensure there's no problems down the line. Interested in people's thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Flat roofs are no issue once you have the workmanship as you have quite rightly pointed out, however I would urge you to look at the home insurance issue flat roofs cause once they represent more than 25% of the roof area, things may have changed a bit but previously no Irish insurance provided would even quote

Advertisement