Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc lock

Options
  • 16-09-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭

It's time for a new disc lock as the old one is absolutly ancient (bought in the 90s and handed down) and the key is so worn I'm afraid some day it won't open the lock!

So, in the minefield of disc locks, anyone got any recommendations? Are the alarmed worth getting? Anything to avoid? Are oxford actually any good? Where to buy?

In the few I looked at it seems prices vary wildly. Was looking at some gloves and bikeworld were cheaper than FC-Moto or louis. But disc locks bikeworld were double the price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Don't think I'd get one without an alarm now. Not because they'd stop a thief but because it has saved my dumb ass on numerous occassions from driving off with it on.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

My solution is just have a bike nobody wants to steal!.. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lol, good point. That's a great reason for the alarm one. I actually panic driving off at traffic lights sometimes thinking somehow the disk lock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No one would want to steal mine, but it's fùcking easy to steal. So I need a few deterrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭goblin59

Abus Granit detecto. Wouldn't really recommend any other one, they're pretty solid, and as Skill Magill said, the alarm doesn't phase them anymore as an angle grinder is louder, but its a good warning if you forget to remove it

• Advertisement
Advertisement