Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ELV - what to do with VLC

Options
  • 16-09-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

Hi

My car was recently written off when someone rear ended me - the insurance company have valued the car at X and they've gotten a quote from a scrap yard for 220 so the insurance will give me X-220 and I've to send the keys to the scrap yard and will receive the 220 directly from them (pain in the hole of a process tbh).

What do I need to do with the VLC? Do I give it to the scrap yard? Or send it to Shannon with their details as the new owner?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

The scrap yard should issue you with an ELV cert, but you have to give them the VRC to get this AFAIK. Your insurance company should have this information as they are the one handling it on your behalf.

Advertisement