Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda CX60 PHEV

Options
  • 15-09-2022 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone got their insight on the new Mazda CX60 PHEV?

I have been looking at reviews and seems like a robust enough car. But I don't know much about the Mazda's reliability and they offer only 3 years warranty. Some dealers mention "extended 5 years warranty" but I believe that will come with an added cost.

Would love to hear your opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭carsfan2

good looking car but the reviews I’ve seen are mixed as to how it drives.

looks like decent value in Ireland for the spec offered for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I've driven most of Mazda's current range. I really like them. The Skyactiv X is a really excellent engine range.

But the CX-60 PHEV doesn't combine with this. It's a 2.5 Skyactiv G, commonly used in the US spec cars, which isn't as refined or efficient at all. So, when your electrons run out, its not good.

Also, the realistic on the road price for a mid-spec is about €63k, or in other words, 4 grand away from a XC60 T6 or X3 eDrive30.

I've driven both as well and even without driving the CX-60, I'd buy the BMW every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

That price difference would evaporate the second you drive out of the showroom and would actually flip in long term retained value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for sharing your opinion. The X3 eDrive30 I suppose will be 10 grand more. I do like Xc60 but again with all the specs added it's around 70k.

I thought I am getting everything in CX60 as in XC60 phev, but 10 grand less.

Advertisement