Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for training course and business admin environment

Options
  • 15-09-2022 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Good morning

Looking for advice. I currently use a MacBook air. Its over 10 years old and I've been looking to upgrade. I found it easier to use, robust and up on until recently it ran very well for the best part of a decade travelling the world with me.

I have been accepted on a business and administration course and I will be starting soon, this will need office 365 etc. I am now wondering if it would serve me better to get an android laptop to get accustomed to the windows OS and for more ease of use for my training as there is often issues with using a mac on some courses or is this mostly resolved? Is the windows OS standard in most general admin jobs/offices as this is where I would look to seek employment initially? I would be prepared to spend the money on a MacBook but if it was wiser for me to get the android for the purpose of the training and my future employment I'd feel I'd go for a cheaper laptop for the short term.

Any advice welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

android are phones or tablets . a lot of people use apple mac os in business , it is generally a lot dearer for what your looking for than a comparable windows laptop

have a look about there are a lot of reviews on youtube and stuff and you will know what ones you like . the windows business ones are dell xps , Hp elitebook and lenovo thinkpad , there are variations on each of them versions you can get to suit your needs

Advertisement