Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade up, down or across for no money

Options
  • 14-09-2022 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

I bought in haste this time last year and ended up with the wrong car.

I wanted auto, large boot and plenty of tech which I got in a Peugeot 3008 but I also wanted 4 wheel drive which I didn't get.

Coming in to the winter now and being out in the sticks I think that was a mistake. I have problems every year with the weather.

Current car is SUV, auto,1.2T petrol, 130bhp, 60k km, very well kitted out.

Want estate or SUV, auto, 4 wheel drive, android auto minimum.

Am I likely to get this without going back in years and mileage without further outlay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭kirving

Unless ground clearance is actually an issue, a Front 2WD on Winter tyres will likely outperform a 4WD on Summer or All Season tyres. What tyres do you put on the car?

Short answer to your question is almost certainly no - you will always lose out when changing car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I put on winters with the first frost. Road up to the house is all hills and the drive is disaster of a slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Even if you were to swap for a another car that is older you will still won't get a great value on the deal. The only way to try to spend as little as possible is by selling the 3008 privatley or contact dealers who will buy it from you for cash. Dealers are looking for used stock so there should be no problem getting offers, you just need to take the highest offer. Then buy your other car.

Have you thought about switching to winter tyres on the 3008 during the cold months? Unless you live on the side of a mountain covered in snow and ice for weeks/months at a time then a set of winter tyres on a front wheel drive car will do better than summer tyres on an awd car.

Advertisement