Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster purchase/small claims court

Options
  • 14-09-2022 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I made a purchase yesterday for a concert that is happening this weekend. There's a gig on Friday and Saturday.

I meant to buy 2 tickets for Saturday and it was only after purchasing I realised I was on the wrong date and I bought 2 tickets for Friday.

I know consumers have a cooling off period after a period after a purchase online. Does that also apply to services like concerts?

I realised my mistake straight away and I got in touch with them.

The email that I got back stated there is a fan guarantee refund system but it doesn't apply in this case because the event is happening soon. Their policy is if the event is over 14 days away.

Under 'help with this order' section they have an option saying

' refund all tickets - isolating/covid positive'.

I filled in this section requesting for a refund dut to sickness and covid.

The response I got was there is a ticket transfer option to transfer to my guest saying my guest must have a smartphone and a ticketmaster account.

They said there is also a resale option on ticketmaster. Only that resale option is not available for this gig. So that's not an option either.

I'm just thinking. Do any consumer rights apply to me here.

Regarding cooling off period.

I realised my mistake straight away and got in touch with them as soon as possible.

I won't be using these tickets due to other commitments. I asked for a refund promptly.

Would I be successful with a chargeback from the bank or a claim to the small claims court?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

Do consumer rights apply to concert tickets bought online?

No

Yeah I just googled it there. Thanks

'refund all tickets - isolating/covid positive'

Why do ticket have this available on their website when they won't honour a refund upon request? My email redirected me into a ticket transfer or a ticketmaster resale which isn't even available as an option at all.

Advertisement