Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better to get separate blood tests for things that do and do not require fasting?

Options
  • 13-09-2022 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Is it better to get separate blood tests for things that do and do not require fasting? Or does it really matter if I get blood tests for things that don't require fasting on the same day? It would certainly be easier to get all done on the day.

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Nope, You fast, get bloods done - They can check things that do and do not require fasting.

If you don't fast - they cannot get accurate readings for things that do require fasting.

First time getting bloods done?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi BronsonTB.

I referred to any things that don't require fasting (would they be more accurate when not fasting?).

I know for example 12 hours fasting is required for cholesterol.

Not my first blood test.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mct1

Your tests that do not require fasting will be just as accurate if you are fasting, no matter when they are done. That's official!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭GoogleBot

Buy glucose monitor from the pharmacy. And measure your glucose level 1 hr after food consumption in the evening or morning. Or eat a variety of different foods and see how high your glucose level goes. Lots of fun and very beneficial to your health

• Advertisement
Advertisement