Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Sodablasting Kit (or new set of stairs)

Options
  • 13-09-2022 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks. I took a brilliant brainstorm and decided to strip my mahogany stairs of years of varnish to try and get them back to bare wood. For the most part, I have done this but there are lots of little bits left and a couple of areas I just cannot do. My hands are buckled with pain trying to get every bit of varnish off and I have had more than my fill of the bloody stairs.

I know I could just paint them and be done but I've invested too much time and effort to do that, plus, I really love the look of wood.

I've looked into it and decided that Soda blasting is my way forward. I know it is going to cost a few hundred but I will be able to use the kit again to do my doors and a few other bits and pieces and the compressor would naturally be useful for painting, car tyres, etc.

Has anyone any ideas of a full kit I can buy I've looked at these products:

Compressor: (I can't post links yet)

Einhell 4010440 Compressor TE-AC 270/50/10 (1800 W, Max. 10 Bar, 50 L Tank, Pressure Reducer, Non-Return/Safety Valve, Drain Plug, Vibration-Absorbing Legs), 71.0 cm*103.0 cm*41.0 cm

£210

Blasting Kit:

VEVOR Sandblaster 10 Gallon/40L Blast Sandblasting Equipped with Nozzle Shut-Off Valve Pressure Gauge Ceramic Nozzle 2.5m Hose Filling Funnel Watertrap 6" Rubber Wheels Grit Blasting

£120

Will this do the job for me?

Thanks for looking in and helping out.

TL;DR

Will that kit allow me to soda blast varnish from stairs or do I need something else? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 raffs

DP

• Registered Users Posts: 10 raffs

OK, I contacted Vevor regarding their pot for soda blasting and was told it is no good, they didn't suggest an alternative.

So I've revised my purchase (obviously) and am now looking at a Blue Soda 7 Portable Soda Blasting pot.

£90

Thanks for looking in.

Advertisement