Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Warning

Options
  • 12-09-2022 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

I like a chicken fillet roll as much as the next man. And before you say it, yes I'm aware the so-called meat is actually comprised of anus and blended-up chicken carcass and then sent to Ukraine so the stray cats of Zaporizhzia can lick it before it's sent back to Ireland where a tramp periodically farts on the fillets before they're slid into the oven at the deli of your local Baxter and Greene. I know all of that. But did you know that there's much worse things going on with the cheese?

Gone are the days where you buy a chicken fillet roll and find genuine, 100 percent cheese in it. Nowadays even the grated cheese is fake and it is truly disgusting, both the taste and the idea.

The idea that Dunnes Stores and Centra are now cutting corners on a NATURAL product by buying processed cheese is - if you'll pardon the pun which is completely intentional - very grating to me. I can turn a blind eye at the chicken because despite a knowledge of how it's made, it's delicious. This so-called cheese is NOT delicious and I DONT know how it's made, which is worrying. I don't know how real cheese is made either come to think of it, but that's beside the point.

Is this what Ireland has come to? Ripping off our own even more by selling us something orange and telling us that it's grated cheese? You can quite literally take your thumb and index finger and roll this thing up into something like a marble, perfectly spherical.

Cheese should not be made in a laboratory. I don't want to be eating something that a scientist dreamt up to help chain newsagent and supermarkets save money. It's a rotten thing to do and unless we call them out for their use of iCheese we're all f***ed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Why do they call it Scottish Cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭growleaves

'Cheese should not be made in a laboratory.'

Make your own cheese then, in your kitchen.

The food industry is in a race to the bottom and profitability comes before ethics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Don't stress OP. An entire country just West of here was sold something orange a while back on the premise things would be grate again. It didn't end too well, in fact it ended with violence. Never trust anything orange that pretends to be grate.

Advertisement