Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing job

Options
  • 11-09-2022 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Was looking moving job looking for a change, had few personal issues going on over last few years so put it off, in mean time my boss decided to supply me with van and power tools for the job im currently in,I'm his only employee, this gives me bit headache now as seems he's investing in me like I'm there for long run while i want move on, iv been unhappy in job for some time its just as I said other stuff had taking priority which I'm coming out other side off , would really like fresh start going forward, really just don't know what way break it now, I thinking early next year for making the jump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

The van and tools will go back to him at the end of the day. You need to look after yourself and I’m sure you can show some gratitude and respect while leaving. It’s up to you on the timing but you would be best to line up another job and then have an honest conversation with the boss.

Are you looking at changing your type of work or just the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dtothebtotheh

Once you find what your after just tell your boss, you're an employee and perfectly entitled to move on if that's what you want. As the above poster mentioned just be respectful when leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Darmac84

Tradesman, was looking at doing my own thing, would have advertise and contact people I know in same game see if they could give me days full gaps between jobs at start till I get busy, I know it can be struggle at start and will need purchase my own van n tools, though in long run I should be better off, I'm in this job long time and while having van n fuel, wages are at the low end, builders and customers alike I worked for through boss be forever advising me do it for myself as its hard labour that a basic wage does not justify work being done

Advertisement