Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bord gais energy / can I switch as new customer?

Options
  • 10-09-2022 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys,

I have a silly question, but I hope you can clarify it.

I'm going to move to a new apartment and I would like to have electricity and gas with bordgaisenergy..there is some discount as a new customer.

I'm still waiting for the last bills from the previous owner but

if the previous bills were already under boardgaisenergy...Can I still request online to "switch" to Bordgaisenergey and have the discount as new customer and a new account under my name?

or is not possible and I have to follow the previous plan and I can only ask bordgais to create a new account under my name?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭gipi

You can sign up to any provider you choose, it doesn't matter who the previous resident \ owner used.

As a new customer, you won't technically be switching, but you should still get whatever discounts are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 EvoEvo

Hi Gipi, thank you for clarifying!

Advertisement