Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade advice

Options
  • 10-09-2022 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Some questions on arcade cabinet project.

Are my better off with a 21", 24" or 27" screen? What's closest to a classic Arcade cabinet?

What type of speakers would people recommend?

Is it better to Raspberry pi or Pandora?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Inviere

My advice:

Stick with a medium sized screen, as long as its 4:3. If you're using a widescreen panel, you're going to take a bit of a hit in terms of authenticity given you're aiming towards the classic games. Anything between 21 to 25 will go a nice job.

Speaker wise I used to use a pc speaker set, 2.1 (left right and sub), sounded great.

Pi v Pandora, for classic games there'll prob be not much between them, possibly slightly higher input latency with the Pi, I'm not certain.

Some other tips, don't go mental with the control panel adding buttons everywhere. 2 player 6 button setup with coin and start buttons is really all you need. Illuminated buttons are a bit subjective, personally I don't like them. Less is more.

Post edited by Inviere on

Advertisement